Wednesday, December 5, 2012

This is my daughters first ever blog that she wrote during our trip to Saudi Arabia earlier this year. Im going to publish that as it is to save a memory of our family that we would cherish in the future.

Trip to Saudi Arabia - The Land of Pure

Writer : Iman Akbar
Age: 10 years

Day 1:

I  woke  up  at  3:47  while  everybody  else  woke   up  at  4 o'clock. All  of  us  changed  our  clothes, put  on  our  sandals  and went  to  the  car. Thankfully all  of  us  had packed our bags last night so  that  we could leave right away we only had to do the last minute pack ups. We  are  just  leaving  now  and   heading  straight  to  Riyadh (Saudi)  via  Abu  Dhabi.  My  father  is  taking  wonderful   pictures  of  everything.  On  the  way  it  was  kind  of  boring,  but  then  it  got  exciting.  I  am  going  to  take  a  nap  now  so  I  will  continue  this  later.  When  I  woke  up  a  while  later  my  dad  stopped  at  a  gas  station.  There  are  so  many  beautiful  trees  outside  of  the  car.  Now, me  and  my  brothers  are  watching  Get  Smart.  My  big  brother  Sajeel  paused  the  movie. Now  we  are  so  bored  that  we  have  exactly  nothing  to  do.  Some  of  us  are  so  bored, and  impatient  that  we  fell  asleep  except  the  driver  which  is  my  mom.  I  will  go  to  sleep  again  so  I  will  continue  this  later.  Once  I  woke  my  dad  said  we  completed  half  of  the  way.  Now  we  are  crossing  the  border  and  entering  the  Holy  land!  It  will  take  6  more  hours  till  we  reach.  GREAT!  We  are  now  in  Saudi  Arabia.  I  am  wearing  a  hijab  now  which  makes  me  so  hot.  We  stopped  at  a  mosque  to  say  Salah.  Now  we  are  heading  to  a  place  to  have  lunch.  Then  to  Riyadh.  It  will  take  us  4  hours  to  reach  there.  Before  we  started  we  had  lunch.  We  ate  chicken  and  it  was  delicious.  I  forgot  to  mention  my  dad  is  driving  at  the  moment.  Now  we  have  started  and  we  won 't  stop  for  3  hours.  I  will  now  take  a  long  nap.  Once  I  woke  up  we  had  already  entered  the  city  of  Riyadh  at  6: 30.   Tomorrow  we  will  continue  our  trip  to  Madinah.  We  will  spend  the  night  at  our  uncle  Khalid  Zia's  house.  We  have  reached  the  house  and  are  going  to  stay there  for  the  night.  My  family  are  unpacking  their  luggage  and  getting  settled.  After  we  got  settled  we  went  swimming  in  the  pool, it was very exciting. My big brother and my dad went to the sauna and got all a sweaty.  Later,  all of us  ordered  some  food    and  we  were  waiting  for  it.  When  the food arrived  we  took  it  to  a  room  and  had  it  there.  After  we  finished  we  took  a  bath  and  then  went  to  sleep.

Day 2:

We  got  up  in  the  morning  and  got  ready  for  breakfast. Then  we  started    packing  up  our  luggage  and    now  we  will   go  in  the  main house  to  have   breakfast. I  had  cornflakes  for  breakfast. Now  we  are  putting  our  things  in  the  car    and  getting  ready  to  leave. Now  we  have  left  and  we  are  heading   straight  to  Meequat. Which  means  from  where  we  take  a  bath, put  on   our  ihram   and  niyyah  for  Umrah. We  are  now  back  on  the  road. We  left  our  previous  destination  at  7:15  and   millage  is  1140. I  will  take  rest  now. After  I  woke  we  stopped  at  a  gas  station  to  get  gas, a  Saudi  sim  card, and  some  sweets. After  we  left  I  saw  a  car  accident. Now  my  mom  is  saying  Surahs  and  we  have  to  say  it  after  her. We  saw  so  many  types  of  camels  on  the  way  that  I  became  excited. I  had  a  stomach  ache  so  I  fell  asleep  so  I  would  forget  about  it. When  I  woke  up  my  dad  said  we  are  in  Makkah  province. We  stopped  at  a  bathroom  on  the  way.  Earlier  we  saw  some  cars  which  had  accidents  and  had  been  thrown  on  a  mountain.  We  had  lunch  at  a  restaurant  and  now  we  are  back  in  the  this  car  and  back  on  the  road. I  am  having  illusions  of  seeing  water  all  over  the  road. Now  all  of  us  are  heading  straight  to  Meqat. It  will  take  3  or  4  hours  to  get  there. My  mom  is  wearing  her  abayah  now. There  are  so  many  trucks  for  miles  and  miles. We  found  a  mosque  to  pray  at. We  are  at  the  gas  station  getting  oil.  Now  we  have  we  have  reached  Taif (Meqat). When  we  reached  we  had  to  take  a  bath  and  do  wudo. Then  we  had  to  do  Salah. We  are  back  in  the  car  and  heading  to  Medina (Kiblah). There  are  lots  of  beautiful  mountains  covered  with  sand  here. Now  we  are  finally  in  Makkah  city. We  reached  our  hotel  were  we  will  stay.  Our  hotels  name  is  Safwah  Royal  Orchids.  We  put  our  things  and  went  to  my  cousin   Abdullah’s   hotel.  They  came  here  for  Umrah  also. Then  we  all  went  together. The  smaller  children  went  on  wheelchairs. When  we  reached  we  took  our  shoes  off  and  put  in  our  bags. After  we  entered  and  took  off  our  shoes  we  separated  into  two  groups. The  elders  went  in  the  other  group  and  the  smaller  children  went  in  wheelchairs   with  my  father  and  my  uncle  were  in  the  second  group. Then  right  before  us  stood  the  mighty  Allah’s  house. Before  we  started  doing  all  the  steps  we  first  had  to  say  some  special  duas. Then  we  had  to  go  around  the  Kabbah  seven  times.  After  you  have  done  that  you  have  to  go  seven  times  from  mount  Saffah    to  mount  Marwa . Finally  you  have  to  cut  your  hair. For  boys  you  have  to  trim  a  little  of  your  hair  or  shave  all  your  hair. For  girls  you  have  to  cut  off  a  little  bit  of  your  hair  by  your  brother  or  father  or  husband. After  you  have  done  that  your  Umrah  is  complete. When  we  reached  back  we  changed  our  clothes   and  quickly  went  to  bed. If  you  wanted  to  know  my  cousin  Abdullah  and  his  older  brother  Haris  and  my  older  brother   Sajeel  all  shaved  their  hair. My  little  brother  Hassan  was  too  shy  to  shave  all  of  his  hair.

Day 3:

We  woke  up  at  7:30  in  the  morning.  Once  again  we  had  to  take  a  bath.  Then  change  our  clothes  and  go  down  for  breakfast  in  the  hotel. After  we  finished  breakfast  we  went  to  Abdullah’s  hotel  again. We  are  going  on  a  wheelchair again   in case   we  get  lost  because  we  are  going  again  to  Allah’s  house. Once  we  reached their  hotel    they  we’re  not  there  so  we  had  to  wait. Now  they  have  come. So  now  we  will  go  to  our  hotel. My  mom  and  dad  left  us  there  because  it  was  too  hot. We  are  watching  Rio  the  movie. We  called  the  house  keeper  so  now  he  has  arrived. Now  the  movie  has  finished. My  big  brother  put  on  another  movie  which  is  tangled. We  are  so  bored  that  we  have  nothing  to  do. Tangled  is  now  finished. My  parents  have  now   come  back  so  now  we  are  going  another  time  to  Abdullah’s  place  again. Once  we  reached  we  knocked  and  they  opened  the  door  and  we  went  in. The  boys  went  to  the  Salah  and  so  did  we  (the  girls). Once  we (the  girls)  reached  the  hotel  the  boys  were  there  asleep. I  went  to  my  dad, but  instead  I  fell   asleep  too.  When  I  woke  up  we  played  a  lot  of  games. Then  we  went  to  back  to  my  hotel  had  dinner  from  Al  Baik.  When  we  got  back  we  changed  our  clothes  and  we  went    sleep. 

Day  4:

We  have  just  woken  up.  So  now  we  are  getting   ready  for  breakfast.  I  am  going  to  brush  now.  We  have  now  gone  downstairs   for  breakfast. The  food  was  great. So  now  we  are  going   to  get  a  cab. Then  we  will  go  to  historical   places. Before  we  went  to  the  taxi   we  went  back   to  our  room.  Then  we  all  went  to  the   taxi.  We  went  to  many  places.  We  saw  where  Prophet  Hazard  Mohammad  was  born. I  saw  lots  of  camels. We  also  went  for  a  camel  ride.  It  was  scary! Then  we  went  back  to  the  hotel. Now  we  are  going  to  Abdullah’s  building  again  because  he  is  leaving  to  Berain  then  to  U.S.  Which  means  we  are  leaving  the  hotel  again.  After  saying  goodbye  we  went  to  the  masjid  of  Nimraa. All  of  us  went  there  roaming  around. Then  we  started  to  get  hungry. As  a  result  we  ate: pizza, pasta, pie, hamburgers, and  french-fries. We  have  gone  so  many  times  to  Allah’s  house.  It  is  an  amazing  experience! I  took  a  nap  after  this  wonderful  experience. After  I  woke  up  my  big  brother   Sajeel   put  on  Despicable  me  and  The  little  mermaid.  Then  we  went  to  do  Tawaf  which  means  to  do  seven  circles  around  Allah’s  house.  Me  and  my  little  Hassan    did  it  for  the  first  time. After  we  did  that  it  was  night  so  we  went  back  to  the  hotel  and  put  some  cream  on  our  feet.  My  little  brother  Hassan’s  feet  and   my  feet  were  paining  so  much.  So  we  went  to  sleep  with  aching   feet.  After  we  went  to  sleep  our  parents  went  to  sleep  also.  So  that  was  the  end  of  this  day. 

Day 5:

We  all  woke  up  as  usual  and  took  a  bath.So  now  we  are  hurrying  again  to  get  breakfast.  You  see  we  are  all  leaving  today  to  Taif    and  we  will   continue   to  Jaddah.Well  then  time  for  breakfast.  Now  we  have  finished  breakfast. We  will  go  for   Salah  now.  Our  journey  began  at  11 o’clock  and  we got  back  at   1:35. Now  we  are  back  and  resting  before  we  go. Afterwards  we will  pack  and  leave. Then  we  got  in  the  car  and  hit  the  road  again. Before  we  can  go  in  the  car  we  have  to  go  by  taxi  there. Now  we  are  in  the  car.  We  just  got  on  to  the  mountains. There  are  red  bottomed  baboons, they  have  babies! Now  rest  time. We  are  watching  Avatar  and  the  sunset  in  the  car. Now  we  are  in  Jaddah. We  will  stay  at   my  mom’s  dad’s  elder  sister’s  place. My  little  brother  Hassan  has  fallen  asleep. We  will  go  to  see  the  red  sea. Now  we  are   bringing  our  things to  our  room. It  is  an  old  place  but  it  will  do. By  the  way  my  mom’s  dad’s  elder  sister’s  name  is  Nano. It  is  night  now  so   we  will  go  to  sleep.

  Day  6:

We  have  now  woken  up. Well  my  dad  told  me  to  take  a  shower  again. So   I  did  take  a  shower. Now  I  feel  great  and  active. It  is  time  for  breakfast. I  had  omelets  for  breakfast. We  will  be  roaming  around  in  Jaddah. So  we  went  to  the  mall  of  the  red  sea. My  dad  got  us  ice  cream  and  chocolate  coins. After  the  mall  we  went  to  cornich  and  city  center  (old  Jaddah) and  had  Al  Baik  for  lunch. Then  we  went  home  and  took  rest  till  afternoon. My  mom  and  dad  went  to  sleep. My  big  brother  Sajeel  put  on  Puss  in  boots  and  Toy  story 1. We  went  out  but  then  we  got  a  call  that  we  have  to  meet  one  of  my  mom’s  cousins .  They  have  a  son  his  name  is  Zubair  and  he  is  12 years  old  that  means  he  is  two  years  older  than  me. Now  they  have  gone.  It  is  night  now  so  that  means  we  have  to  change  our  clothes   and  go  to  sleep.     

Day 7:

  I  woke  up  as  usual, but this  time  my  dad  woke  me. We  went  and  changed  our  clothes  and  went  for  breakfast. You  see  today  we  are  leaving  to  Madinah  so  we  are  packing  up  everything. Then  we  are  going  to  put  our  things  in  the  car. Now  we  are  ready  to  leave.  First  we  are going  to  get  some  water bottles. We  saw  ghazwa  Badr   (the  first  battle  between  Muslims  and  The  Quraish that  are non-Muslims ). We  first  had  lunch  then  we  saw  this.  Now  we  have  reached  the  hotel. The  hotel’s  name  is “ Anwar-  ul – Madinah  Movenpick”. We  went  to  the  Masjid  of  Nabwi  2  times. Now  my  mom  and  dad  have  just   gone  again.  My  big  brother  put  on  Toy  Story  1.  The  movie  has  now  finished.  My  mom  and  dad  are  now  back.  It  is  now  night  so  we  are  all  going  to  sleep.

Day  8:

We  woke  up  at  7: 30  in  the  morning. So  now  we  are  getting  ready  for  breakfast. My  little  brother  Hassan  started  annoying  me  so  my  dad  said  to  ignore  him. My  dad  is  going  to  shave  now  after  he  finishes then  we  will  go  for  breakfast. Time  for  breakfast !  After  breakfast  we  went  to  see  2  waterfalls, masjid  ul  Quba  where  we  have  to  perform  2   nafals  which  is  equivalent  to  1  Umra, Uhud  battlefield  and  Uhud  mountain  ( Where  Prophet  Mohammad  P.B.U.H  was  taken   to  a  cave  when  he  was  injured  during  the  battle  a  stone  had  hit  his  teeth and Hazrat  Ali  companied  him.)   There  is  still  a  really  strong  smell  in  the  cave.  Now  we  are  going  to  say  Salah. This  stuff  was  taken  place  in  Quiblateen. After  we  went  to  get  Khagoor.  For  lunch  we  had  Al  Baik  again. My  big  brother  put  on  Princess  and  the  frog  and  the  Diary  of  a  wimpy  kid. Then  we  went  to  do  Salah. Now  I  have  to  take  a  bath. We  went  to have  dinner.  Now  we  are  back  at  the  hotel.  It  is  night  now  so  we  will  go  to  sleep.

Day  9:
We  woke  up  as  usual  and  changed  our  clothes. After  we  changed  our  clothes  we  went  down  for  breakfast. We  finished  breakfast  and  went  to  say  Salah.  Once  we  got  back  my  big  brother  Sajeel  put  on  Toy  Story  1  and  2. After  that  we  went  to  my  mom’s  cousin’s  house. Then  we  ate  food  and  went  for  Salah  again.  Now  we  are  back  in  the  hotel. We  will  now  take  rest  then  go  for  Salah  again. We  are  back  now. Then  we  took  rest  then  went  for  Salah  again !  I  was  asking  for  cream  crackers   so  my  dad  got  me  some.  Then  we  went  back  to  our  room.  It  was  night  so  we  went  to  sleep.  

Day  10 :

We  woke  up  early  in  the  morning  changed  our  clothes , brushed  our  teeth  and  went  for  breakfast. We  have  now  finished  breakfast. All  of  us  went  upstairs  to  pack. My  big  brother  called  the  bell  boy  to  come  and  take  our  stuff. Now  we  are  back  in  the  car. We  are  heading  to  the  mountains. On  the  way  we  saw  camels. Now  we  have  reached  the  mountains. Here  the  mountain  are  magnetic. So  we  are  first  going  to  the  gravity  point. We  have  reached  the  gravity  point   the  car  started  moving  by  itself. After  that  I  went  to  sleep . Once  I  woke  my  dad  got  us  sweets  from  a  gas  station. Then  I  went  to  sleep  again.  When  I  woke  we  saw  2  twisters. Now  it  will  take  less  than  2  hours  to  reach. Now  we  have  reached. We   will  be  staying  at  my  mom’ s  cousin’s  place.  So  we  took  out  our  stuff  and  went  to  our  room  changed  our  clothes  and  went  to  sleep.
Day  11:

I  woke  up  in  the  morning  and  took  a  bath   and  went  down  for  breakfast. Time  for  breakfast. Now  breakfast  is  over. The  food  was  delicious. After  food  we  went  roaming  around  in  Riyadh. We  went  to  a  museum  but  now  we  are  back  now. So  now  we  are  going  to  rest.  When  we  woke  some of  my  mom’s  other  cousins  came. Their  son’s  name  was  Sameer. Now  we  have  had  lunch. We  will  now  take  a   break. I  forgot  to  mention   that  they  had  a  talking  parrot. We  are  now  back  in  the  car. I  will  go  to  sleep  now.  When  I  woke  up  we  reached  the  place  we  were  going  to  stay  at. We  stayed  my  mom’s  other  cousin’s  place. They  had  a  daughter  my  age.  So  we  played  and  then  went  to  sleep.

Day  12:

I  woke  up  at  9 : 35  in  the  morning. Today  is  the  first  roza.  I  wanted   to  keep  my  first  roza  but  my  mom  said  when  we  get  home  I  should  keep  it. My  dad  said  to  go  change  my  clothes  and  brush  my  teeth . Then  I  went  down  for  breakfast. Now  I  had  my  breakfast  the  food  was  great. We  played  a  lot.  After  this  we  took  some  rest.  Then  we  played  musical  chairs. After  this  we  did   Aftar. I  forgot  to  mention  that  were  we  did  Aftar  was  at  the  place   we  were  going  to  stay . So  the  place  we  were  in  the  morning  we  went  to  get  our  things  from  there. We  got  our  stuff  from  there  now  so  we  changed  our  clothes  and  went  to  sleep. I forgot   to  mention  that  they  also  had  a  daughter  my  age  we  played  a lot.

Day  13:

We  woke  up  early  in  the  morning  and  left   at  11 o’clock. We  will  be  heading  to  Sharjah. You  see  today  we  are  going  back  home  today  because  13  days  are  over. Time  for  rest. It  is  so  tiring  for  my  dad  because  they  were  driving  the  whole  time. On  the  way  you  can  only  see  loads  of  deserts. Well  time  for  rest. We  have  now  crossed  the  border  for  Dubai. Now  we  are  in  U.A.E. It  took  4  hours  to  get  home. We  have  now  reached  home. We  changed  our  bed  sheets  and  changed  our  clothes  and  went to  sleep. This  was  the  best  experience  in  my  life  and  I  will  never  forget  it.

The  End!

1 comment:

  1. Great Job, still remeber when you were writing that blog, lots of hard work in to it :D